Stock Market News Briefs: Citigroup Inc., Cornell Corrections, Inc., Eli Lilly And Company, Geo Group Inc (The), Halliburton Company, Hasbro, Inc.
- Citigroup (NYSE:C) posted better-than-expected first quarter profits of 14 cents ex-items, up from Zacks expectations of breakeven on revenues of $25.4 billion
- Eli Lilly (NYSE:LLY) reported first quarter better-than-expected earnings of $1.13, beating Zacks projections of $1.11, on revenues of $5.49 billion, which was below Zacks estimates of $5.55 billion. The firm lowered full-year guidance due to a 35-cent health care charge, and said it now sees earnings of $4.40 to $4.55 a share
- Halliburton (NYSE:HAL) topped estimates with first quarter earnings of 28 cents up from Zacks estimates of 25 cents on inline revenues of $3.76 billion
- Hasbro (NYSE:HAS) exceeded analysts’ estimates with first quarter interims of 26 cents, ahead of Zacks projections of 16 cents on revenues of $672.4 million, which was above Zacks estimates of $643 million. The firm announced a $625 million share buyback
- GEO Group (NYSE:GEO) plans to purchase Cornell (NYSE:CRN) for $685 million, or about $25 per share