The Discover Card is America’s first cash rewards credit card, and I think it has one of the most pleasant customer service in the credit card industry. The Discover credit card is issued by Discover Financial (NYSE:DFS), one of the largest credit card issuers in the US. There are several types and versions of Discover credit cards (cash back/rewards hybrid cards), and many have similar features. Having reviewed so many credit cards, I can say with confidence that Discover is one of the more competitive card issuers as it frequently comes out with new credit cards for different needs.
Are you thinking of getting a Discover card, but are not sure which one exactly you should get, and which are the latest offers? You’ve come to the right place. We at DailyMarkets.com get all the latest Discover credit card offers directly from Discover, so we know which are the latest and hottest deals and can share them with our readers here.
Here’s a quick overview of Discover it cards:
- Discover cash back cards give you up to 5% cash back on your spending. This 5% applies to certain categories of purchases every quarter. The categories are wide-ranging, and include gas, fashion, travel, dining and many more, so you always have an opportunity to save more money on your regular expenses. Think of cash back cards as discount cards!
- Discover Cards are very flexible. Your cash rewards can be exchanged for real cash or if you prefer, other types of rewards such as store gift cards or merchandise.
- You can more than DOUBLE the value of your cash rewards if you redeem them for certain partner retailer gift certificates instead of cash. For instance, if you’ve earned a $40 rebate, you can exchange it for a $100 certificate from Hyatt Hotels & Resorts.
- Shop at Discover’s online mall ShopDiscover to earn between 5-20% cash back when you buy stuff from over 200 big-name online retailers such as BestBuy, Groupon, Home Depot, JCPenney etc. Miles card members earn double miles at ShopDiscover.
- Great customer service. Discover Card ranked #2 in customer satisfaction among major US credit card companies in 2010, behind American Express.
- Choose from a huge selection of card designs. With this option, you don’t have to stick to a boring card image.
Below is a highlight of the latest Discover Cards:
Discover It Card – $150 Cash Back is a time limited offer version that lets new sign-ups earn $150 cash back after spending just $750 within the first 3 months of account opening. For the first 6 months users will benefit from a low intro 10.99% APR on balance transfers. After that intro period, users will pay a 10.99% – 22.99% standard variable APR on balance transfers. On purchases there is a 10.99% – 22.99% standard variable APR.
Read our review of Discover It Card – $150 Cash Back.
The Discover it Card is the main and most popular Discover card. You get 5% cash rebate on certain categories of purchases every 3 months, and 1% rebate on all other purchases. Get up to 20% rebate when shopping at ShopDiscover to save even more money. It also has a 0% special APR on purchases and balance transfers for 14 months.
Read our review of Discover Card.
The Discover it Card – 18 Month Balance Transfer Offer is one of the best balance transfer cards in the market now. It is a time-limited card that offers a special 0% interest rate for people who transfer any high interest card balance to this new credit card, for a period of 18 months. Cut your card debts and pay zero interest for 18 months with this card.
Read our review of Discover Card – 18 Month Balance Transfer Offer.
The Discover it for Students is the student version of its flagship Discover Card which also has the 5% rebate as well as letting you earn up to 20% rebate when you shop through their online mall. Having just acquired The Student Loan Corporation (SLC), the Discover for Students Card is set to become an even more popular choice of card among college students. Build up your credit while in college with this card. This card also has 0% intro APR on purchases for 6 months, and a standard variable purchase APR of 12.99% – 21.99% thereafter.
Read our review of Discover Student Card.